Wellington Phoenix Soccer School directors Leigh Kenyon and Hiroshi Miyazawa are both former professional soccer players and their business partner Jo Dawkins has returned from a successful college and playing career in the USA.
Kenyon and Miyazawa are well known in the youth development space, having worked successfully in the game together for the past 10 years. Experts in the field, the two directors offer exciting programmes at all levels for the community to enjoy.
How you help children
We deliver a professional, fun experience for all lovers of the beautiful game. The WPSS coaching programmes are skill based and focuses on building individual technique and a love for the game. WPSS coaches are all good role models who conduct themselves with the highest of personal standards at all times.
A strong life skills component is delivered through everything that WPSS offers to develop young players to achieve both on and off the field.
Wellington Phoenix Soccer School offers a variety of programmes from the invitation only 'Elite and Training School' to the community level 'Phoenix Soccer Centre', starting at 5 years old.
- Year round coaching programme 2 – 3 times per week with the aim to create Wellington Phoenix professional players of the future.
After school term time coaching (all abilities 5 – 12 years old all school terms 1 - 4)
- Clinic options available around Central Auckland, West Auckland, South Auckland and the North Shore across all 4 terms of the school year.
- New in the term 3 holidays for 2016 and continuing into term 4 and beyond. Delivered by WPSS professional coaches as well as current female Football Ferns players!
School holiday programmes (all abilities 5 – 12 years old all school holiday periods)
- 4 day holiday programmes available in all school holiday periods as well as a pre Christmas holiday progamme and Summer holiday programme.
Summer Saturday Soccer (all abilities 5 – 12 years old in school terms 1 and 4)
- Saturday morning soccer programme in the Summer terms 1 and 4 focusing on agility and co ordination development as well as small sided game play.
1 on 1 coaching – available on request with WPSS professional coaches.
After school WPSS programmes are located in different venues around Central Auckland, West Auckland, South Auckland and the North Shore. Venues range from school venues to dedicated soccer pitch facilities.
The Wellington Phoenix Soccer School promotes a family atmosphere amongst its players and customers. WPSS coaches and staff promote high standards of basic manner, respect and sportsmanship which creates a warm and welcoming environment for everyone to feel a part of and enjoy.
All WPSS offerings place a huge importance on the players having fun and enjoying their unique experiences with us.