Working with children & young people for 20 years
QRS Therapy 4 Children is an established therapy provider with 20 years of experience working with children and young people. Since joining with Quality Rehabilitation Services in 2012, we have extended our services Auckland wide, providing assessment and therapy to children and young people between the ages of new born and 18 years old.
Flexible & dynamic team
Our team is made up of a range of healthcare professionals, including:
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech Language Therapists
- Clinical Psychologists
- Neuro Psychologists
- Educational Psychologists
- Social Workers
All members of our team are registered with the appropriate New Zealand professional organisations and have several years of experience working with children with special needs and disabilities.
What can our team help your child with?
We will work with you and your child to complete an assessment, either informal or formalized, to form a ‘baseline’ for therapy along with setting joint goals for treatment. Once the assessment aspect of our work is completed, the fun can start! We will endeavor to make sessions with your child fun and motivating whilst also challenging them to move towards their goals.
Occupational Therapists will typically work with you on:
- School readiness
- Organisation and planning for daily activities
- Budgeting for everyday life
- Activities of daily living, i.e. dressing, mealtimes, chores
- Handwriting difficulties
- Sensory processing difficulties
- Motor, coordination and perceptual difficulties
- Memory, concentration and problem solving
- Social skills
- Feeding / “picky” eating
Physiotherapists will typically work with you on:
- Balance and coordination
- Muscle strength
- Sports injuries
- Access to sports / community activities
Speech Language Therapists will typically work with you on:
- Auditory Processing Disorders
- Speech sound difficulty
- Language difficulties
- Social skills
- Play skills
Our Dietician will typically work with you on:
- Establishing dietary needs for optimum growth
- Nutritional support following concussion / brain injury
- Assessment / monitoring of nutritional requirements for tube feeding
- Education and guidance for parents / caregivers on healthy eating for children
- Psychologists will typically work with you on:
- Management of behaviours / emotions
- Specialist assessments e.g. Special Assessment Conditions for NCEA
Our Counsellor will typically work with you on:
- Parenting information sessions
- Family Therapy (blended families; transitions and conflict resolution)
When you call our administrators with an initial enquiry, your details will be passed immediately to your local team member who will call you directly to discuss your concerns and arrange appointments as appropriate.
Assessment and therapy can take place either in our Albany or East Tamaki clinics, at your home, your childs school / pre-school or a suitable alternative. This can be discussed and planned with your therapist and reviewed on a regular basis to ensure that we are continuing to meet the needs of your child.
Still have questions?
There is no such thing as a silly question, in fact if you are thinking of it then there are probably 10 other families that want to ask the same thing!