JeMMa’s is a privately owned quality Homebased Education and Childcare Service that provides professional, well-resourced, affordable childcare in the homes of carefully selected Educarers.
JeMMa’s was founded on the belief that early childhood education plays a major role in a child’s ability to develop the skills necessary to set them up for life.
We offer parents the chance to enrol their children to learn and play in a nurturing Homebased environment. Our group of well-trained, in-home Educarers offers a unique and flexible service for parents who want to set their children up to love learning and have fun!
Have peace of mind knowing that our Educarers are recruited using a very thorough selection process
Our professional team of Educarers, Registered Teachers and Management is committed to ongoing partnership with Families, Whānau and Children. JeMMa’s provides planned programmes for children based on Te Whāriki - the New Zealand Early Childhood Curriculum. We provide an environment that upholds our commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi.
At JeMMa's we believe that Homebased Education and Childcare is the next best thing to being at home with Mum or Dad!
These days when you choose education and care options for your children, you have choices. JeMMa's was founded in 2001 because it was evident that there was a real need for a quality Homebased service.
When children are in a comfortable, uncrowded environment they have a better chance to develop and learn at a steady pace, they have all the help they need to learn skills that will carry them through life.
JeMMa’s children receive lots of one-on-one time with their Educarer, as well as interaction with other children of different ages - two core components that support children to become confident competent learners.
To ensure that your child is getting the learning experiences he or she needs during their developmental stages, our Co-ordinators (qualified and registered Early Childhood Education teachers) conduct scheduled regular monthly visits. During these visits our Co-ordinators conduct a thorough assessment. This includes:
- Health and Safety checks to ensure the property and facilities remains safe for your child
- An overview of each child’s portfolio - records are kept by Educarers for each child and are for parents to view, comment on and finally keep
- Observations of each child as they participate in curriculum areas and activity – this is to ascertain children’s interests and developmental needs and decides any further resources required to support their learning
- A discussion with the Educarers regarding the children’s general well being and interests, plus activities to stimulate further development
- A summary of observations is then written in each child’s portfolio for their parents to read on a monthly basis