An independent hearing clinic, Focus Hearing covers children from as young as three years old up to all ages. With two locations in Auckland, one in Silverdale and one in Howick, we provide a family-centred care environment and partner with you to provide the best possible care for your child.
We encourage other family members to be present during consultations to make the experience as enjoyable and comfortable as possible.
How Can We Help Your Child?
- For children of age between 3 -5 years old the hearing assessment is carried out in a game format (playing with marble runs, pegs, iPad apps & etc).
- For children 5 years onward we conduct standard full diagnostic hearing assessments
- Consultations are carried out in a welcoming environment with Audiologist who are qualified and specialise in paediatrics.
- Routine hearing evaluations to monitor hearing level
- Hearing aid consultations, fittings, and repairs
- Assistive listening device (ALD) consultations, fittings and repairs. ALDs help with patients with their day-to-day communications.
- Consultation regarding communication and educational options
- Counselling and aural habilitation / rehabilitation
All of our audiologists have at least 5 years’ experience working with children in public hospitals and so you can be assured that your child is in capable hands in our care. We also We work closely with Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) specialist, should we need a second opinion on diagnosis.
You are an important member of your child’s health care team, and we look forward to working with you.
Ears on the Move provide suctioning of the ears and wax removal using a microscope, removal of foreign bodies and suctioning discharging ears.
I specialises in working with children on a daily basis so I am very gentle and patient. I used specialised equipment so my techniques are safe and non-traumatic.
I have 25 years experience in working with children; 5 years working with Red Cross children’s hospital in South Africa, and 20 years in New Zealand Starship hospital.
What I Offer:
- A fun environment
- Child friendly space
- Easy parking
- All age groups
- Home visits to the Howick Pakuranga area for elderly patients that don’t drive
- Registered Comprehensive Nurse (SA)
- Midwife (SA)
- Psychiatric Nurse (SA)
- Postgraduate Certificate of Child Health (NZ)