We all know a young person that deserves to DISCOVER their Potential!
The Discovery Foundation has been providing young New Zealanders skills, tools and strategies to get the best out of life since we first started in 1990. We welcome Kiwi’s from all walks of life and are proud to be unbiased in every way possible.
To positively impact upon the lives and futures of every young person, their families and communities.
We run separate programmes for Intermediate School Students and High School Students (14-18 years) - scholarships are available for both programmes (apply online):
Discovery for Kids for Intermediate aged children (Year 7 & 8). These non-residential two day programmes are run over the weekend or during school holidays and include parent and caregiver workshops.
We have a ratio of 1:4 which enables us able to accommodate children of all abilities.
Some of the outcomes of Discovery For Kids are:
- Learning about themselves as learners
- Specific tools to use in learning at school and at home
- Simple tools for success
- Using whole brain techniques
- Mind-mapping skills
- Spelling and math techniques
- Enhanced communication
- Supportive environment that nurtures self-esteem and offers challenges for growth and increased self confidence
- Raising awareness of the choices we make and their consequences
- Dealing with emotions and challenging situations
- Team Building exercises to develop co-operation and supporting each other’s success
Discovery for Teens is a 7 day residential programme for 14-18 year olds using activity-based experiences and interactions, from engaging team building exercises to refining academic study skills (Memory, Speed Reading, Learning Styles). These are run during School Holidays.
Click to apply for a scholarship: https://www.discoveryforteens.org.nz/page/scholarships/
Register your Teen: https://www.discoveryforteens.org.nz/page/apply-teens/
Register your Child: https://discoveryforteens.rocketspark.co.nz/page/apply-kids/
Discovery For Teens is delivered with a focus on life changing learning, friendships and fun and include a one day parent and caregiver workshop.